Welcome to LOTR Now! This is an RPS RPG (Real Person Slash, Role Playing Game). This is a Slash game, but it is not required, only encouraged. NC-17 is allowed (and encouraged *laughs*) and therefore we request all members be 18 or older.
The setting is present day and following the lives of the various actors. While this is not an AU group, the members are allowed to 'fiddle' a bit with the lives of the characters to make interaction easier. We ask that they keep it as realistic as possible, but freedom is allowed and encouraged.
In May, the cast will be heading to NZ for pick ups for ROTK, as well as another scheduled event in NZ just before filming the pick ups starts. Other storylines will be developed as game play happens, by the players. We've found this works beautifully in other games when the players all work together.
Non-LOTR chars and OCs (Original Characters) will be allowed and approved on a case by case basis.
To join, you will need to submit an application. This includes the following things:
1. Name: 2. Real LJ: (no one will see this but the mods) 3. The character you wish to play: (you may want to include a second choice) 4. Any RP experience you have (in any forum. Experience is helpful, but lack of it will not keep you out of the running) 5. A writing sample, preferably from the POV or about the character you wish to play. If you play in another LOTR RPG on LJ, a link to that journal will suffice as well. 6. A brief take on the character you wish to play and how you would play them. 7. How often you are online and what timezone you are in. 8. If you are requesting and OC or non-LOTR character, please provide a bio for the OC and for a non-LOTR character pleae let us know why they would be in the lives of the actors.
See, not that painful. Once your application is submitted, the mods will get back with you ASAP.
Any questions regarding the game can also be sent there.
Once you are accepted, you will need to do the following:
1. Create an LJ 2. Get an AIM screen name 3. Create an email 4. Join the OOC List on yahoo! (you can be added by the moderator if it's easier, just let us know)
(We prefer having AIM and emails specific to the characters but will be flexible on this issue. You MUST have an AIM name though to play. And you MUST have an LJ that is soley for this character.
Basic Rules/Concepts for the Game:
There aren't many, but we ask you to follow them
1. You MUST post at least once a week, there are no exceptions to this. If you can't meet this requirement, you won't be accepted. Now, if something comes up and you tell us about it, that's different.
2. You must chat via AIM with other characters as well as do posts for your character.
3. ALL IC chats MUST be posted to the community (or your character's journal). Unless otherwise marked, only the muns see this info, the pups don't have the knowledge. Sexually explicit chats should be marked as such with a rating.
4. BE NICE. NO FLAMES. If you have a problem with a player, bring it to the MODS. There will be no arguing on the list. If someone harasses you, come to the mods about that as well.